Moru Moru Kara Vada
Kara Vada is one of the popular south Indian snack in Nagercoil. A simple yet crispy snack you can have it with tea. This vada is my hubby favourite snack.He used to ask me to make this vada. This lock down gave me the opportunity to prepare the vada and make this evening to cherish the tea time.
Lets start preparing Kara vada .....
INGREDIENTS FOR KARA VADA
Raw Rice/ boiled rice - 1 Cup
Bengal gram Dal - 1/2 cup
Urad Dal - 3/4 Cup
Red Chilli - 1 tbsp
Ginger - 1 small piece
Salt to taste
Fresh Coriander Leaves 1/2 cup
Curry Leaves - Few
Onion finely chopped - 1/2 cup
Asafoetida- A pinch
Oil for Deep Frying
First we need to soak all the dal for 2 hours.Once soaked grind it with dry chill , asafoetida and salt into thick paste.
2. Add chopped onion, ginger , coriander leaves and curry leaves.
3. Keep the oil for deep frying in a high flame.
4. Once the oil is hot pour the batter into the oil in a round shape using a spoon.
5. Flip the vada both side and let it cook.
6. Hot and crispy vada is ready with homemade mayonnaise.
Moru Moru Kara vada is ready